Monday, 19 October 2015

A Democratic right to OUST The Right


So I just exercised my democratic right to vote in a Canadian federal erection, and hopefully I just helped exorcise Canaduh of its main demon, Stephen Harper (above). Not that polls are anything but glimpses in time.

But heading in, the Liberals, who I voted for, led the polls over the governing Conservatives. My darling New Democrats were in third place and seemed to be sinking.

I want social programs. I want INCREASED government employment, not DECREASED government employment and the fewer services that accompany them. The NDs most fit my comfort zone.

But it appeared they had no hope of winning.

The Liberals promised programs which would put Canaduh further into debt. But which at least GAVE THEM something for their tax dollars.

Perhaps most importantly, the Liberals promised to REVERSE Canada's downward spiral into a hated nation from a peace-keeper, a hawk rather than a dove. It's the ASS Harper is.


No one said life was pleasant, ALL THE TIME. But I'd MUCH RATHER have a compassionate government that's in debt rather than a heartless, henshit group led by Harper.



It would be grossly unfair to characterize Justin Trudeau as a duplicate of his father, Pierre Elliot Trudeau, in my mind Canada's best-ever prime minister in my lifetime. To saddle a young man with such high expectations is grotesque.

But Justin Trudeau at LEAST deserves a chance. Stephen Harper has had 10 years or so. His mark on Canada is a mark of hate. We have NEVER BEFORE needed strength, exhuberance and positivity so much.



This is long, but it is a great interview conducted by the CBC in 2012, I think. It shows the idealism of a young man. But it also shows his drive. Bye, Harper.


No comments:

Post a Comment